Tuesday, September 15, 2015

This week in freezing cold Kirkcaldy



OH my goodness! Hey party people, how's it going? Hopefully great, In whichever part of the world you are in. Crazy.. The world is so big huh? Let's think about it for a second.. Mhmm, good stuff. Well Over here in Kirkcaldy, Scotland, our last week was a crazy adventure. And when I say crazy adventure I mean it has been close to the same as the other 46 weeks of my mission.... Wow that's crazy huh... Let's not think about that anymore.. Well our week was rather eventless. Okay that might be a lie so let's review it. 
   So Monday- Regular P-day things as usual. We went to the beach and had a picnic so that was fun until someones stupid dog came and ran on our picnic blanket and got it's wet drooly sand stuck in our phone.. Nasty huh.. Yeah we have to put that up to our ears.. So to clean it out I just dumped some water on it.. Seems to be working okay now so its okay we have forgiven that dog. Haha okay so the same dog... I was sitting there writing a letter and I look up at just the right time and this dog lifted his leg up and PEED ON A BABY!!! Can you believe that. I was just sitting there in shock.. and the mom was just sitting right there and the dog still peed on the baby! Oh gosh. And the dog owners didn't even apologize! Man. It was a crazy day for sure. On Monday, we also went over to the Thompson's home and we had Family Home evening. It was good, we did pictionary for the game. Our teams tied.
   Tuesday we had District meeting and I made some enchiladas for lunch afterwards so it was fun. We learned a lot about Charity...What it is...how we can obtain it. Well, I haven't mastered it yet but I am trying! And I am sure over the next 100 years of my life I will be a little better! Tuesday we also went and saw our friend "J". He is getting baptised on the 10th of October.  He is out of town now so we won't see him for a little while. But it will be great! We also saw our friend "C:". He is so good. Oh man. I don't even know how it is possible. He said he prayed about the Book of Mormon and he got a really good feeling. So we asked him to pray about a baptism date and he said he would! Man he is the bomb! Tuesday night we had Ward Council and Book of Mormon Class. We are reading in 2 Nephi 1.  It was good. And we also had our Sign language class, and learned some good stuff in there too!
   Wednesday, I had my heart broken. There is a sweet little old lady that invited us over for lunch so we went over to Sister Gowans house and had some lunch with her, We shared our little message and talked with her about her interest and her life. She is so strong! As we were leaving I gave her a hug and she started to cry! I thought I hurt her or something. But she started talking to me about how when I hugged her she could feel love coming off of me into her heart. Seriously. I was about to cry like a baby and she said to me that she doesn't want us to think she is weak so she had to pull herself together. She is a hoot. I love that woman so much! She is the best. 

FYI-I found out that over the course of my mission so far I have taught 221 lessons. Crazy huh? Good stuff!

   Thursday, we did our planning like always. We saw Frances, a member out in Thornton. She is so sweet.  She is like 93 and she has us over every week. I love hearing her stories about life and her baptism.  She got baptised in 2002. She is amazing. We also went over to the Binnies for dinner. They are too funny. We had burgers so that was exciting!
   Friday, we taught "J" again. And then we went out to the Glenrothes and painted the rest of Alison's fence for her. Good Stuff! We were chapping at like 7 at night. So what we did was a few weeks ago we gave a member (Sister Brown) a Book of Mormon and asked her to pray about a street we could chap to give it away to someone after she wrote her testimony in it. Well she did and so we were chapping on Cairn Street. And we met this guy named "D". "D" had been taught by the Missionaries before and he said he had a Book of Mormon already so he didn't need one. Well we invited him to read the Introduction and to pray about it and he promised us he would. So we left and gave him our number to tell us about how it went. Well we got home from our chapping with the Book of Mormon from Sister Brown still in our bag, We were a little sad. We got in around 8:30 to start our Sign Language study and Guess who called us! "D" He said he couldn't find his Book of Mormon and asked if we would be able to come and bring him one! So we got our coats back on and ran over to give him one. It was such an uplifting experience. Heavenly Father is aware of us. He knows us. He loves us. I know he does."D" is planning on coming to General Conference. So it will be good!
   Saturday, we went over to the Bousies for dinner. They are too funny. They have a little boy named Isaac(he is like 3 or 4) and I was playing with him and he tried to kiss me Haha I was dying laughing. So funny
   Sunday was so good. Like always. I was able to Interpret some of the Sacrament Meeting into British Sign language. Uh I have been here for 3 weeks now.. And I can do Sign language.. That is not normal. Heavenly Father puts us places for a reason. It can be confusing and Frustrating! But He knows what he is doing! I love it! Kirkcaldy is great! We went over to The Browns(Old mission Presidents) house for dinner.They are so good!  I love them so much! Oh man. I love this place. I love you all!!!!!! I hope you are doing good!!!!! LOVE SISTER STRIBLING

No comments:

Post a Comment