Monday, January 12, 2015

This week in the exciting mission of Sister Stribling...

   This week was not super exciting, Not much happened. So I don't have a ton to write about today. Since I have been in the Mission office working it has been such a great experience. I stay with Sister Ferguson and Sister Wagar and they really just help me to feel happy and uplifted. I am so grateful for them and the time that I have now to be with them. They are such a HUGE help to me! My toe has been healing so fast! I am really amazed at how much the Lord has been helping me in this. 
   This week I went to the Scotland West conference for the Mission. We had 3 Zones there, I saw Sister Wagner too!(My MTC companion) So it was pretty much the best thing ever. We had lessons and talks from our leadership and they must really be inspired by the Lord because it is always something that we need to hear. No doubt about it. 
   This last week on my mission has been so amazing to me. I have had so much time to study and to read my scriptures and to grow so much spiritually in such a short amount of time! I am amazed at the things the Lord accomplishes in his timing. This week it seemed like I lost...everything (my name tag, my wallet) I lost my name tag and I looked everywhere! I looked in my suitcases, in my drawers, on my coat, in the laundry, EVERYWHERE. And I couldnt find it. Well I said to myself, "hey Sister Stribling, Don,t be dumb, pray about it". Well so I did. And the whole time I was saying my prayer all I thought about was under the bed, under the bed, under the bed. And I said to myself, Well I don't know what will be different about under the bed this time I look but okay. And there it was. Right under the bed. Amazing. A few days before that my watch (that Cypee gave me, Thanks so much Cypee. I use it every single day!) Well it got switched to 24 hour, so instead of saying 2pm it said 1400 and it was driving me CRAZY! So before I went to bed I prayed and asked for help with this wach(Now let me tell you, I tried to fix it for 2 days straight! I pressed so many buttons and tried everything it seemed like but nothing worked.) So after I said my prayer and hopped in bed i looked down at the watch, pressed two buttons and BAM! It was fixed. I know that the Lord answered these prayers for me. Because there's no way I could have done it on my own. Well maybe I could have but it would have taken me about 93 years. 
 Visit to the Stirling Castle
 Sitting on the Thrones in the Great Hall (Me & Sis Ferguson)
 What's for dinner? 
Chapping on the King's door...No luck :-(

   So other than being SO uplifted this week we also went to a CASTLE!  to the Stirling Castle. IT WAS WAY COOL! If you don't know (like I was before we got there) King James the VI lived here and he was the one that did the King James Bible. It was so neat to see everything there and to soak up all the history. Scotland has such rich amazing history and being able to be in the same place where these people were so many years before is just amazing to me. After we got back to the flat(apartment) we watched the documentary on the King James Bible. That was cool to see all the places we were at earlier in the day. 
   Well, that's all the neat experiences I can think of that I had for this week. Stay tuned for more of the exciting mission of Sister Stribling after this short week long break~~ The Church is TRUE! Guess what!- You can be with your family FOREVER! Wouldnt that be great! I love you all and hope that you're having a super great and fantastic week! LOVE Sister Stribling

No comments:

Post a Comment