Monday, January 19, 2015

Back in Glasgow...FOREVER (I hope)

SO!!!! Guess who's back in GLASGOW! WOO HOO! Guess what, I love Glasgow. I love it so much. If Glasgow was a baby, I would be it's Mommy because I love it so much. I'm not sure what I meant by that one...  BUT, I love it. So much. 
 Baby Snowman I made at the Mission office in Edinburgh

Well- this week has been so great! I left the mission office on Wednesdaand I am not looking back! There is really some type of change after you are out of it for 2 weeks and then you get back; you just want to do everything possible. And boy do I! I am so excited for the things the Lord has planned for Glasgow! Because they're gonna be great! This week we got our first good amount of snow, and it was so beautiful! for the first 10 minutes, then I was over it. Sister Dias on the other hand, she is still going crazy about the snow and how nice it is, throwing ice balls at each other (The snow melted and refroze so it's horrible now) But she is having fun with it so I can deal with it! 
This week we had exchanges with the Sister training leaders and I stayed here in Glasgow with Sister Johnson. It was pretty fun! We went chapping on doors and we met with Pierre (He is still awesome by the way) Then we were going to meet with Michael but we got delayed by the snow! IT WAS CRAZY! We were in the car (because our zone leaders, Elder Massey and Elder Stewart are so nice to drive us) for over an hour and a half! When the drive usually takes about 10 minutes. CRAZY! So we had to cancel on Michael because we were so late. Saddest part of the whole week. But while we were driving, well not really driving because the cars in front of us were at a complete stop... we got out and had a mini snowball fight. Haha in the middle of the horrible traffic. So much fun! We were waving at everyone and trying to get them to join us but no one wanted to. Smart because we would have destroyed them anyway. But it was a good time. So Instead of eating dinner we just had the worlds best snowball fight. When we were exchanging back at the train station we ended up feeding the Pigeons a donut and there were so many of them! Just flying at our faces trying to steal the donut. Silly birds.

Well we made the biggest snowman also, it was a good 7 feet tall. I think... It was so beautiful. We named him Elder White. HAHA good one huh?! Well that snowman was so big we couldn't even lift up  the second part of his body, but! We stopped and said a prayer, and then BAM 5 minutes later there we were lifting a 500 pound ball of snow up in place for his body. WOO! AMAZING. 
 Pierre, Sis Dias, Sis Stribling & Elder White


When we were chapping doors this week we met a man who was telling us to be careful of people that just want to talk, because they aren't really interested, He proceeded to tell us this for a good 15 minutes.  Haha we found out that he was one of those people. Talk talk talk, he was really nice though! While Sister Dias and I were walking to the bus stop on Saturdaywe had to run because we thought we were going to miss the bus.  Well she didn't know how to run on snow and she ended up falling and hitting her elbow. This man walking by came to make sure we were okay and we started to talk to him. His name is Ed and he is from Gambia (I think that's how it's spelled. it's in Africa) Well long story short there was no bus for 30 minutes so we just kept talking and I invited him to church and he came!! WOOO! Now we will begin to teach him! It's amazing really. The whole time we talked to him he kept saying he doesn't know why he changed his mind tonight because usually when people talk to him about religion he would tell them no and that he didn't want to hear about it. But he said that when we talked to him, he felt really good about it and he felt happy! He is so nice! So hopefully everything will go well with him. 
Well, this week has been something else, but I sure do love being a Missionary. I love it so much! I love everything about it.. Most of the time (; I hope you all are having a good week! Remember-The best thing to do is to write a letter. But sadly I don't know anyone's address. SO in order for me to write to you, You need to write to me. Haha good one again huh (self knucks) I LOVE YOU! ~~SISTER STRIBLING 

No comments:

Post a Comment